Monday, February 8, 2010

Dad's Birthday - February 7th

Time got away from me these last couple days. Paul is visiting this week and his daughter, Lauren, flew in from Atlanta for the weekend before starting a new job. Then, of course, the Super Bowl intervened - Who Dat! What a great game. Then today I spent much of my time researching the the history of air traffic control in the Navy. It's very interesting - and I'm sure at some stage you'll be exposed to some of what I've learned. Anyway, I remembered Dad's birthday last night, but too late to put out a post. So, without further ado. . .

 
 This picture of Granddad with Paul's daughter, Lauren, was taken over the Christmas holidays in 1970. Paul was recently back from Vietnam, and I had just gotten home from Adak. Lauren was eight months old, and the first grandchild. She really had it good with eight aunts and uncles and no cousins to share them with.

This one of Granddad and David was taken here in Austin, but I'm not sure whether it was at our house on Howerington Circle or the one on Marsh Drive. I'll take a stab at it and say Christmas, 1983, on Marsh Drive.

Ditto this one of Granddad and Lisa. Again, no guarantees on which house or holiday. We can only do what we can do.

This one of Granddad and Nicolette is certainly at Inks Lake State Park, and I'll take a guess that Nicolette, born in November 1982, is about one year old. That means the picture was probably taken in September or October 1983 or the following May 1984. Your choice.

And this last one of Daniel and his grandfather was taken at Dad's home in Grand Prairie. But the time is only another guess. If Daniel's six months old, it's Christmas 1983, but if he's 18 months old, it's Christmas 1984. You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment