Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Park Road 4 - II

A few more pics from our drive yesterday.

I'm a firm believer that there ought to be at least a touch of blue in any landscape - and more if you can manage it.

You can't see her, but Mom's in the truck there on the side of the road. The reason I took the picture, however, was because the truck had just been washed. It had been covered in pollen for so long I had forgotten what it was supposed to look like. I also got it inspected, had the oil changed, voted in a runoff election and took Mom to vote at her precinct as well. A most productive day.

This is looking down from an overlook above "the Devil's Swimming Hole" or something like that at Inks Lake State Park.

It seemed like everywhere I looked yesterday, there was something nice to shoot.

This is probably some noxious weed, but it really couldn't have been prettier. But I wondered all afternoon, "Shouldn't there be some bees?" If anyone can identify the flower/weed, I'd be interested.

This is from an overlook near Kingsland, high above the Colorado River (not that one, a different one), but the view is looking across the road to a clifftop overlooking the overlook. It's pretty - and pretty rugged. I feel absolutely no inclination to get out my boots and go hiking.

There's that song from McKenna's Gold again. This old turkey buzzard looks like he's coming back from a bombing mission somewhere, having come under fire by some well placed triple-A batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment