Sunday, June 22, 2014

USS Yorktown (CV-10) Panorama

I'm not sure what I thought this would look like exactly, but I thought it would look bigger than this. . .

Not to worry, it really is a panorama, about 1.5 MB, so when you click on it, it'll be big enough to study in detail. It's also HDR - High Dynamic Range - and I think it turned out pretty well. The panorama is made up of three frames, combined in Photoshop. How many of the planes on the flight deck can you identify?

The shots were taken from the boat once Tony and I were chased away from the Naval Weapons Station on the Cooper River and made it back to Patriot's Point. We'll have to avoid that next time. . .

* * * * *

As a Texas Longhorns fan, I found the College World Series awfully exciting this year. The Commodores of Vanderbilt rained on our parade, it's true, but they did it in such a manner that I'll be forced to continue watching to see how they fare against the Virginia Cavaliers next week. And I expect to be watching the Longhorns again next year. . .

1 comment:

  1. I seem to have botched the resizing of this one; sorry 'bout that. I'd hoped to give you something you could zoom in on with good effect.

    ReplyDelete