Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Random Portraits

Stephen was vacationing in Colorado this weekend when we opened the 2009 Longhorn football season successfully (59-20). Normally, his intense concentration on the game is quite an asset but we managed without him this time. He took his easel and enough art supplies to paint most of the Colorado Rockies, so I can't wait to see what pictures he brings back.


This is my cousin, Pat, at one of the family reunions in Utopia. Whenever I hear the old saw that "Still waters run deep," I think of Pat. Of course, I happened to see one evening a stack of books he'd been reading that were to be returned to the library the next day. First of all, it was five or six books. The amount of reading aside, the range was incredible! No murder mysteries here. As I recall it ran from quantum physics to philosophy.


I should apologize to Gillian for this picture - I suppose. She doesn't like it at all, but I love it so she's been trumped. She won't tell me what it is about the picture that bothers her. One of David's girlfriends dressed her in a cheerleader uniform and made up her face for halloween. Of course, when you think about it, that's an excellent disguise for Gillian, the cheerleader personna being about as far from her personality as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I know and love these people! :-) Bill if you have Pat's e-mail would you send it to me when it's convenient? Thx, Laura

    ReplyDelete