Saturday, September 19, 2009

Random Potraits

This is my youngest niece, Lauren. She's 11 now, so this picture's several years old. My camera's always loved her though, which I fully expect will continue. The Lauren paradox is that she always has so much energy, yet my favorite pictures of her are of the few moments when I've caught her at rest - wistful, serene, and contemplative.


Here's a pair I've missed since I moved to Austin: Sarah and her grandfather, my uncle Kirk. The picture was taken a few years ago at our family Christmas party at Bill and Cynthia's. I'm hoping to see uncle Kirk and Aunt Dorrace (and others) in October at a family luncheon in the Metroplex. If I remember, I'll find out what Sarah's up to. The last I heard, she was planning to go to New Zealand.


This is my cousin, Dean, one night at one of our family reunions at Cynthia's ranch in Utopia. Over the years I've posted several pictures from those reunions, but I don't think I've posted this one before. I think it's a great "character study" - Dean looking a lot like Willie Nelson to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment