Sunday, October 11, 2009

Productivity Plummets. . .

. . . but that's alright because I've found that productivity and contentment are ofttimes inversely proportional - and certainly more often now that I'm retired.

Last Sunday I led off the pictures in my post with a WebCam shot from the National Park Service website for Purchase Knob. Today's post is simply a series of shots from the same fixed camera at 15 minute intervals, starting about 11 AM this morning, but it demonstrates how useful the website was when I used it to plan my photo expeditions to the Smokies - and it's a great view!

Purchase knob is located about 29 miles due west of Asheville at the eastern boundary of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. The camera's field of view is about 60°; sighting along the left edge near the horizon you'd find Hot Springs, along the right edge Asheville. Mars Hill would be just about centered on the horizon.

I usually like to look at the series of pictures quickly, one after another as a time sequence - like an animation - but in this case, slow as good too. The clouds heighten the anticipation for the next picture in the sequence leaving the viewer to wonder what will be revealed next as the clouds move past.


11:00 AM


11:15 AM


11:30 AM


11:45 AM


12:00 PM


12:15 PM


12:30 PM



12:45 PM


1:00 PM




1:15 PM

When you think about it, this goes a long way towards explaining why I get so little done nowadays. It doesn't take much to satisfy me if it involves a great view. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment