Thursday, October 1, 2009

Siblings IV

This sure took a lot longer than I had expected it to. I had planned a simple post before taking Mother up to Arlington tomorrow, but I had a couple questions about the pictures I was going to post (i.e. just when they were taken) and thought today would be a good time to reformat an external hard drive and transfer 10 years worth of photographs from DVDs to that hard drive. Having all the pictures in the same place would make it much easier to find the date any one of them was taken. So now, it's over five hours later but the file juggling is done and I've answered my questions about the dates.


I really like this first picture of Nicolette and her half-brother, Jared. It was taken at Angela's house on Thanksgiving Day 2008. Jared surfaced one Thanksgiving a few years ago while still in the Army and when we met him I think it's safe to say we were all blown away by how much he reminded us of his father, Brad. (That's a good thing. We all loved Brad.) Even his cap reminds me of the one Brad often sported. We're so happy for Nicolette that she has found at this late date she has a brother.


This one, of Ellen and Angela at work in Karen's kitchen, was taken at our Fourth of July celebration in 2006. (Note the decorations in the foreground.) This Fourth of July our celebration also included Richard's sons, Jim and Steve and their families (though not documented in this particular picture).


This picture of Gillian and David during the Georgia portion of David & Amy's September 2007 tour, was probably taken by Sally. It was while Gillian was still living with me in Fort Worth and about a week after David and Amy came through on one of their periodic visits. If I remember correctly, when Amy left for Minnesota or some such place, David and Gillian flew to Atlanta to see Sally. Then Gillian came back to the Metroplex and David and Amy met up again in Los Angeles to return to Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment