Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Blender Techniques

I'm sure you'll all be pleased to hear that I've decided to declare victory over my recent computer ills.

Mission Accomplished!

As it turned out, the 40 GB slave HD on the old computer is the one that failed - even though the error message I got when this all started told me the master HD was the culprit. When I installed the slave drive in the enclosure and fired it up, all I got for my trouble was the same horrible sound I heard last Thursday - reminded me of trying to crank car that ain't gonna start anyway, and hearing metal on metal that sets your teeth on edge.

So I made a list of everything I could remember that was on that drive and checked to see what was and what was not backed up. As far as I can tell, I'm missing my folder of 2008 pictures, some of which have been duplicated in other folders. For some reason, all the pictures I took on my tour of the Southwest in the Spring of 2008, were duplicated in another folder on the other drive. Good karma, man. I did lose a lot of the pics from my trip to Kim's and Robert's ranch in west Texas - looks like I'm going to have to go out and shoot all those longhorns again, but someone has to do it.

*****


Ever been really thirsty? I'm not quite sure exactly what Lisa's fixing here. We usually like to save Richard's SuperBlender for important jobs - like emergency daiquiris or Nucular 'Ritas - but this . . . I just don't know, although her technique is good.


Sometimes, a difference of opinion over technique can cause some fireworks, but it seldom seems to take much effort for Maureen to make Richard see things her way. It's probably her dimples. One thing's for sure - despite the technique, at the end of the day all the daiquiris and margaritas will be gone.


Now Karen, after her trip with Richard to China for Steve's and Tanya's wedding, came back with an oriental technique called "the Whining Crane", which appears to be derived from one or more of the martial arts. It doesn't make the daiquiris or 'ritas taste any better, but it tends to scare off hangers-on who may be inclined to diss her technique.


But Stan is truly "the Man". No muss, no fuss. His magaritas rock! and he stays on task, delivering the product on time and on budget - while calmly refuting any arguments that may arise over his San Antonio Technique. (He used to have a "Tyler Technique", but Tyler's in a dry county so, for the street creds, he had to change it to San Antonio Technique.)

Now I'm thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment