Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that Thanksgiving at Angela's and Danny's went very well. Of course, that was last week, in the Pre-Windows 7 era. I'm really feeling adrift without my image processing program, though some other areas are returning to "normal". I decided to go ahead and post a few of the pictures from the holiday in Arlington simply because my blog looks so drab without a few pictures.


Early Thursday morning Blake was ready for the party to start, but learned that being the "early bird" isn't always what it's cracked up to be. There were a few of us stirring but, with most of the clan still asleep and a few fanatics off running Turkey Trots, he must have found the early entertainment value of the environment well below his expectations.


Melissa and Tracy returned with Matt from the Fort Worth Turkey Trot and things picked up with their infusion of energy. Lisa surfaced a little later after running in the Dallas Turkey Trot - she had to pick up her various pies and her storied sweet potatoes. . . thank Heaven.


Lauren was ready by the time dinner was served. In the meanwhile, she worked off her excess energy by cruising the sun room on her "Rip Stick" and amazing her aunts and uncles with her mastery of the high tech skateboard.


After the Thanksgiving meal - and the Cowboys taking care of the Oakland Raiders - "the Big Kids (okay, Stephen and I) found ourselves at loose ends waiting for the Texas / Texas A&M game. I wandered out front with my camera and sat for awhile on the retaining wall, enjoying the warmth of the sun on my back. Cathie pointed out a butterfly flitting about Angela's flowerbed and, a few minutes later Lisa cruised by with a comment about my "shooting bugs" again. (She says lepidopterae are still bugs!) I was drawn to this burnt orange and white example and took its arrival as a good omen for the upcoming game.

No comments:

Post a Comment