Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Fog on the Marsh - II

Just how many ways can you crop a scene and maintain the interest of your audience? I don't Don't know. . . maybe we'll find out with this post. The importance of the composition of each shot is paramount, I think. The balance has to be there. The foreground is the easiest thing to change, whether you move the viewpoint, or height, or adjust the angle slightly. Whatever the answer is to the question posed above, I do know there's not a lot you can write about such similar scenes without losing the audience. . .


In these two shots, note the 2 birds on the left light pole (Yeah, I know. . . BIRDS again!)


I may have been wrong about the birds. The whatever-it-was on the left is probably a bird, but I'm thinking it looks at least a little bit like a lobster. . .


Okay, false alarm. It was a bird after all.



Now they're both gone - and we're left with just pictures of the dock, the marsh, and the fog. Oh! And the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment