Tuesday, November 2, 2010

McClellanville and Fort Moultrie

Alright! I had my fun on North Carolina's Outer Banks and now it's time to head back to Charleston to visit with Tony and Donna.

I took the back roads - well, state highways, anyway - rather than the interstate and decided to drop by the little town of McClellanville, SC on my way south. It's a little fishing village that Tony showed me a couple of years ago, up the coast from Mount Pleasant.

I guess I'd have to say it was a "sleepy" little fishing village since, when I arrived there in the early afternoon it looked like the fishing fleet was tied up and I didn't get the sense that there was a lot of work going on.

It was a pleasant enough stop, however, and I got a few shots of the waterfront. Maybe Stephen will see something in them that he'll want to paint.

I still had a little spare time when I arrived in Mount Pleasant, so I drove around a little bit on the Isle of Palms and Sullivan's Island. Not much was really going on in either place, so I stopped at Fort Moultrie, the Fort that Maj. Robert Anderson abandoned in 1861 in favor of the more defensible Fort Sumter.

No comments:

Post a Comment