Saturday, July 20, 2013

Aunt Lizzie

Alright, bear with me while I cover some new ground here. If you'll review my previous post, the third picture down is a portrait of Charles Wernet, Old William's youngest son. Well, on July 5, 1879, he was 21 years old and he married Elizabeth Shonts, a beautiful 18-year-old young lady, who I know even less about than Charles.

They were Austin Wernet's aunt and uncle, and Mom's great aunt and great uncle. While Charles died in 1925, when mom was four, Aunt Lizzie lived till 1948.

So far as I can tell, they lived in Hanover Township, Columbiana County at least until Uncle Charles died, then apparently she moved to this house in Alliance.

I don't know how old she was when this picture was taken, but she certainly appears to be a pleasant soul, someone you'd enjoy spending time with. Lizzie Shonts Wernet (1861-1948).


No comments:

Post a Comment