Friday, July 3, 2009

Cousins I

I've been trying to decide how I was going to group photographs in an attempt to post lots of pictures four or five at a time without getting too boring. Over the last couple of days I've come up with several new categories that will come out in series, but not necessarily one after the other. This first new category is "Cousins". Though this first post of the series is the generation that follows mine, I reserve the right to include other generations of cousins as well. I have fewer of those pictures, so they'll just show up on a more or less random basis.

This first one has always been a favorite of mine. Taken in about 1982, Joey and David are roughhousing on Grandmother's living room couch. David won a coloring contest at the local grocery store and the first prize was a poster made from a picture of his choice. This is the picture David chose, so he had 2' x 3' poster of it hanging in his room for years.


Daniel's mind turns a lot faster than mine. He always seems to have questions for me or something to show me that he's found online. I get the Navy and engineering stuff. I'm not sure what he's pointing out to Ben in the picture above, but if you surface at Karen and Richard's the chances are good he'll have something to show you too.


The picture above is Natalie and Gillian at Ski Shores, where we went for lunch early one afternoon. But I'm not interrupting their lunch taking photographs. They've finished eating and Natalie's feeding her remaining curly fries to the ducks.


"He did it!" I don't know what they really said, but this picture always suggests to me that Drew is shifting the blame for something and Paul is already halfway through his explanation of why it was necessary. In fact, neither one of them gets into much trouble. . . but they sure look guilty.


I believe that these are the two newest cats at Angela and Danny's house. (For the record, they're Pork Chop and Peach.) Allison and Lauren will both pose for me at the drop of a hat and cats always make good props.

I'm scouring my picture files for more cats, but there've been so many that I'm going to need help identifying some of them.

2 comments:

  1. Peach is so cute! I love his orange coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i am in that picture!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete