Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Other Fine Dogs I Have Known. . .

First, a little unfinished business in the form of an addendum to "Parker Dogs I Have Known. . ."


I guess Bella, the San Antonio ball of fuzz above, decided as a late comer to Allison's house that, if she had to compete with Pom-Pom and Princess on their turf, she'd beat them at their own game and is simply out-fluff them.


This canine Beau Brummel is Blake and Melissa's pal, Sammy. They live on the Dallas side of the Metroplex so I only see them occasionally and had to hunt through my files for this fine holiday portrait.

*****

Now that they 're taken care of, we can proceed to "Other Fine Dogs I Have Known".


While we're still in Texas let's drop by Arlington and introduce you to Tim and Beverly's dog, Freckles. Freckles has slowed down a lot in the last few years. Until recently, she had been chasing squirrels around Tim's backyard - since Sydney's demise. Sydney was one of Dallas's pups, and a sister of Dubbo's. I may have an old slide of her from Inks Lake, but I haven't run across it yet.

Now, Trout (not shown) lives there too, but I'm not sure if Trout is Amy's dog or Tim's dog - but I'm pretty sure Trout is not Beverly's dog. Now that Amy is married, Trout's status may become more clear to us long term casual observers.


This'll be a "two-fer". Above, we have Oscar - Tony and Donna's miniature schnauzer, and a veritable legend in Mount Pleasant. Just ask anyone in the know about Oscar and the Swamp Rat.

Below is Daisy - Tony and Donna's lab - posing in her favorite spot on the marsh. Daisy died last year and we miss her. No matter what was going on, if somebody was going out on the pier, that's where Daisy wanted to be. And with rare exceptions, she was generally ready to go swimming once she got there.




This guy is Ramsey, surveying his mountainside from Joe's front porch up in Yancey County. When Ramsey is not chasing rabbits or hiking the Appalachian Trail at the Beauty Spot, he lives with Joe in Durham.


Ann and Tony's miniature schnauzer, Molly, lives in Asheville - and she doesn't do swamp rats. She used to run with Khaki, since deceased; now, she stands sentry duty all day at the bow window in the living room and notes (loudly) every passing pedestrian, two legged or four.

1 comment:

  1. You are a beautiful man, Bill Parker. I can see it in our photographs and your sensitivity to all living things. By the way if another man called me “toots” I would shoot them dead…figurely speaking of course.. but from you I find it endearing.

    Katherine R

    ReplyDelete