Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cats - Too many to keep straight

I've been informed that both Cats posts (i.e., Part 1 & Part 2) need to be corrected, so I suppose I shall handle them in order.

It seems I misidentified the cat above as Pork Chop and I have no earthly idea why I should have made such error. Lauren kindly pointed out that the subject kitten is in fact the unfortunate Girl Kitty, who took up residence at Angela and Danny's at the same time as her brother, Boy Kitty. Girl Kitty left Arlington for the Heavyside Layer following a very brief, violent, early morning encounter with an owl outside Danny's bedroom window. R.I.P.

The real Pork Chop probably heard about Girl Kitty's ghastly luck and tries her best to maintain a low profile. She apparently feels the owl might identify her photo and come after her, so she's very adept at turning away from the camera at the last moment unless one of my attractive assistants hold her. In the shot below, Allison has wrapped up Pork Chop and Lauren has Peach under control - at least for the moment.

*****
My faux pas in Part 2 was most disconcerting, having been pointed out to me by Stephen. I wanted to include a reference to Mary and David's cats and it appears that, when I called David to confirm my facts - which cat was Tiger and which was Leo - David and I spent our few minutes talking past each other. So I still don't have pictures of either cat but, after checking with Mary, I can assure you Tiger is the black one that reflects no light and Leo (as in leopard, get it?) is the brownish/grayish one with spots. And you know what that means - I no longer have an excuse for not having a picture of Leo.

Another good reason for being a "dog person"!

No comments:

Post a Comment