Monday, August 17, 2009

Random Portraits

Happy Birthday, Mary!

Mary -- 1974

I'm just guessing at the year on this one. I don't believe I visited Austin while I was stationed on the Roosevelt and I think the picture was taken before I got married. That narrows it down considerably. I suppose it's not that important, but not being able to pin down the date annoys me. The picture was taken in Pease Park - I shot a whole roll of film, if not more - and feel it was an afternoon well spent. Mary was very patient and I got several good shots.


Paul -- 1978

Again, the year 1978 is not carved in stone; if someone has a better guess... This was taken one morning at NAS Dallas when Paul was visiting for the weekend. He and Stephen and I drove out to the base so he could show us "his ride", an A-6 Intruder. I took the picture with a Polaroid Pronto and over the years a lot of those prints have developed cracks - the surface looks like crazed pottery. In any event, I scanned this at the highest resolution I could and then proceeded to clean up the cracks. I've always been very pleased with the results.


Richard and Karen -- 1980

This one was taken at Inks Lake State Park on one of our family campouts. In the early '80s we usually had around 15 people spending the weekend and a few more driving up from Austin for the day. Of course, those were the days when Tim came and could be counted on to bring his ski boat - Oh! And we were young. What a time we had! I don't know whose hammock that is, but it sure has shown up in a lot of pictures covering a bunch of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment