Monday, October 18, 2010

10.02.10

There will be more pictures than usual in this post, but for many of them it's just a convenient way to distribute them to the few people who want them. So in the first section, you'll find some pictures with comments. In the second section, I've included several more pictures - mostly group shots - without comment or even identification. (I assume that if you want a picture, you know the subjects are.) Though the thumbnails in the second section far smaller, you can click on any of the pictures to enlarge them and save any of them you wish.

*****

This is the Circular Congregational Church on Meeting Street in Charleston, and the site of Ellen's and David's wedding. It didn't occur to me when I arrived at the church to take a picture, so I snagged this one from the Internet - yielding all credit to the unidentified photographer. I didn't take any photographs during the ceremony and, to tell you the truth, I didn't take that many during the reception. I was just pleased that at the end of tonight I still had my camera. Ellen's friend, Stacie Gregory, has posted lots of great pictures from the rehearsal and the wedding on her Shutterfly server. Unfortunately, I've deleted the address.

This is the Mills House Hotel (across the street and half a block south of the church), site of the reception. Both the church and the hotel were excellent venues for our celebrations.


Both at the church and later at the reception I heard several complementary remarks about the music provided by the Plantation Singers. They made the ceremony uniquely "Charleston" and left the attendees in a jubilant mood, ready to party. As I was making a beeline for the Mills House, I heard singing and turned to see the Plantation Singers and an impromptu procession making their way towards the hotel. I didn't notice anyone else taking pictures, so I thought I'd document it. When they arrived, they continued singing for awhile in the courtyard before turning it over to the band and DJ.



Here are a couple more pictures of Ellen dancing with her father while David looks on.


This picture, of course, is of Tony and Donna, the parents of the bride.


Well into the evening I found myself near Ellen without a crowd between us and I had my camera ready! She was actually posing for the person to my left, but that didn't matter to me - click, click.


Something about her pose struck a chord with me and I blurted out, "Hey, Jane Russell. . ." and was rewarded with the response below. At first, I was surprised that she might know who Jane Russell was, but then I noticed the young people in the background, who had not been paying attention, also responded. Go figure.


What a great weekend!
 *****

 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment