Friday, October 29, 2010

Morning Sun on Cape Hatteras Light


When the morning Sun had cleared the cloud banks out at sea, and I couldn't sit on my rock on the beach any longer, and I started thinking about breakfast, I turned around to see what the lighthouse look like the morning sun. . .

 I guess it's okay to admit that these pictures are not presented in the same sequence in which they were shot. This first one was taken on the way to the pickup and was actually my last shot of the tower. I'd moved several feet to my right to clear the dune and get an unobstructed view, lest the sea oats screw up my shot.


These two were taken from same spot. I just zoomed out for the upper one and zoomed in for the lower one. In the originals, there was an extra shot very similar to the lower one. I discarded that because the lighthouse wasn't in focus. Then, when I was studying the one I had planned to post, I was really annoyed by the sea oats which weren't in focus. I could have just dropped the picture altogether, but tower in the first one was really sharp, so I decided to try to salvage it (i.e., the picture below is a composite of the tower from one picture and the landscape from another).



Likewise, these two shots were taken from the same spot, looking southeast from near the "old" lighthouse location. No trickery here; I just couldn't pass up the early morning light on the sand dunes and sea oats before I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment